We are looking for talented artists to design a poster to promote tap water use over plastic bottles.
If you are looking for a platform where to show your talent, the Green Office would like to invite you to participate in our Water awareness art competition.
The Green Office is looking for pieces of visual art (photographs, drawings, sculptures, painting, etc) to display at the Green Office and around the water fountains available at VU for World Water Day on March 22nd, 2019. On top of the prizes, the winner will have the opportunity to showcase their art next to the main building’s water fountain and the rest of the art will be displayed on the Green Office during a special event. Additionally, all art will be uploaded to the Green Office social media channels.
The winner of the competition will receive a 50€ voucher to spend in a sustainable brand.
2nd and 3rd prizes
The second and third places will receive a Dopper reusable water bottle and a Green Office reusable coffee cup.
The main theme for the art is water. Special attention should be drawn to the challenges related to water, for example, water scarcity, water pollution, water miss management, plastic waste due to water bottles.
In order to participate send your work in an attachment to email@example.com with the subject “Art Competition”.
Here are some facts to draw inspiration from:
- We use 17 million barrels of oil per year to make disposable plastic water bottles
- Estimations around 120 billion dollars per year on bottled water (predicted 195 billion in 2018) à Average price of gallon per bottled water is 1,21$ and average cost for 1000 gallons of tap water is 2$ (2013)
- 40% of household plastic waste are bottles → Huge influence
- Only 1 out of 5 plastic bottles is recycled
- Purchase of a million plastic bottles per minute globally – Production of around 20000 bottles per second
- 10 million tons of plastic end up in world’s oceans each year (700 billion plastic bottles)
- North Pacific Ocean has 6x more plastic debris than plankton
- Bottling water produces more than 3 million tons of CO2
- 3 liters of water needed to produce 1 liter of bottled water
- 2000x the amount of energy needed for bottled rather than tap water (production plus transport)
Send your work in an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Art Competition”. We look forward to seeing it!